What are Water Features?
Water features are a natural way to bring nature into your outdoor living space. They’re an easy way to give your backyard a landscape makeover and a stylish focal point. However, they can be tricky to get right, and that’s why you need a guide.
What is a Water Feature?
Water features are fixtures that are designed to create a connection to water. They can be anything from a garden feature to a waterfall. They are a great way to bring natural soothing sounds to your yard, give your space a fresh new look, or simply add some fun to your backyard. There are many different ways to incorporate water features at your home. You can add a pond, a stream, or a bubbling fountain, basically anywhere you would like. Water features come in many different shapes and sizes, depending on what will work best for your space. They can be as simple as a bowl placed on a stand, or they can be elaborate gardens with ponds, waterfalls, fountains, and even streams.
Types of Water Features
- Pond - A pond is a natural looking feature. . It’s designed to hold water and may have rocks, gravel, or other filter material to keep it clean. Ponds come in many different shapes, sizes, and designs, so you can find one that best suits your home and outdoor space. You can even add fish or aquatic life to bring a fun element to the space, with pops of color.
- Pondless waterfalls - A pondless waterfall is a decorative feature that you don’t need to pump water in. Instead, there is a water source that you can carefully control with a valve or a controller.
- Water Garden - A water garden is a collection of different kinds of plants that are lined up so that they are submerged underwater. This can create a beautiful atmosphere in your yard.
- Stream - A stream is an artificial water feature that is usually designed to look like a natural stream. The water flows through rock formations or under bridges, giving it the appearance of a flowing river.
How to Care for a Water Feature
Water features are designed to hold a certain amount of water, so they can be tricky to take care of. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you can damage your water feature, or not enjoy it for long if it’s not cared for properly. Luckily, it’s not that hard to take care of a water feature. Here are a few tips to help you get it right.
- Give your water feature a good cleaning every few weeks. This will keep it looking its best and prevent algae from building up. Make sure that all of the filters are clean and functioning properly.
- Check your water level. If it’s too low, it can cause damage to your filters, pumps, and pipes. Make sure you don’t let it get too low, but don’t let it get too high either.
- Test your water. You want to make sure that the water in your feature is safe for plant snd animal life.. All water features should be inspected and tested annually.
Tips for Creating a Water Feature
- Don’t be afraid to get creative when creating a water feature. While there are a few rules about what you can do, you can create anything your imagination can come up with. If you have a specific idea in mind, you can make it a reality.
- Think about what kind of water feature you want to create. You can choose from a variety of options, such as a pond, water garden, stream, or fountain. If you want a more elaborate design, you can go with something more complex, such as a water garden or a waterfall.
- Consider your space. How much space do you have for a water feature? Do you have enough room to create something grand? Or do you want something smaller? There are a ton of options when you’re thinking about your space.
- Think about your decor. What style do you want your space to have? Do you want it to be modern or traditional? This can help you decide on which type of water feature you want to create.
Water features are a great way to bring life to your outdoor living space. Water features can be anything from a stream, a waterfall, a pond, or even an object with water running through it. With these helpful tips and tricks, you can decide if you would like a water feature in your yard. Check out our website to see some of the water features we have done, and if you are interested, fill out our project estimator to get a quote on your next project.